Sign up for our COVID-19 newsletter to stay up-to-date on the latest coronavirus news throughout New York Nassau and Suffolk county police are inviting the public to visit most precincts Tuesday as a part of the 32nd annual National Night Out, an initiative designed to improve community relations.Besides educating the public on crime prevention, Nassau and Suffolk police hope to strengthen neighborhood spirit as well as unite residents and police during the highly anticipated event—all while having fun.“Last year we had a fantastic turnout off hundreds of local community members who stood up and, came out and supported their community,” said Nassau County Legis. Kevon Abrahams (D-Freeport), the Democratic minority leader. “I look forward to an even bigger and better event this year.”Events inlcude music, bouncy houses, prizes, balloon animals, finger painting, vendors, games, free food and parades, depending upon the precinct.Attendees will have the chance to speak with located elected officials and police officers about pertinent issues and services such as youth-related counseling.Nassau County Schedule:First PrecinctUniondale Fire House, Van Ness Station, 154 Uniondale Ave., Uniondale. 6-9 p.m.First PrecinctVeterans Memorial Park Town Square, Prospect Ave., East Meadow. 8-9:30 p.m.First PrecinctBeth-el AME Church, 420 N. Main St., Freeport. 6-8 p.m.Second PrecinctOyster Bay Town Hall, Audrey Ave., Oyster Bay. 6-9 p.m.Second PrecinctBridge Street , Glen Cove, 6-9 p.m.Third PrecinctJonathan Ielpi Firefighters Park, Grace Ave., Great Neck Plaza. 6-9:30 p.m.Third PrecinctMartin “Bunky” Reid Park, corner Broadway of Railroad Street, New Cassel. 5-9 p.m.Third PrecinctParade assembles at Broad and Brown streets in Williston Park and concludes in Kelleher Park. 6:30-9:30 p.m.Fourth PrecinctCedarhurst Park, corner of Cedarhurst and Summit avenues. 6-10 p.m.Fourth PrecinctGreen Acres Mall, Valley Stream. 6-9 p.m.Seventh PrecinctJohn Burns Park, Massapequa. 7-9 p.m.Suffolk County Schedule:Second PrecinctManor Field Park. East 5th Street, Huntington Station. 5-8 p.m.Third PrecinctTarget, 838 Sunrise Hwy., Bay Shore. 5-8 p.m.Fourth PrecinctTarget, 98 Veterans Memorial Highway, Commack. 5-8 p.m.Sixth PrecinctTarget, 2975 Horseblock Rd., Medford. 5-8 p.m.
THE unprecedented conclusion to the 2019 men’s World Cup final has prompted an International Cricket Council ( ICC) rule change, putting an end to boundary countback as a way of deciding knockout games.After board meetings in Dubai, the ICC resolved that in semi-finals and finals in future world tournaments, if the teams score the same number of runs in their Super Overs, the Super Over will be repeated until one team wins.Had the new rules been in place for the 2019 final, England and New Zealand would have played another Super Over, rather than the game being decided on the technicality of England having scored more boundaries over the course of the final.An ICC statement said that the change was “in keeping with the basic principle of scoring more runs than the opponent to win,” and added that both its cricket committee and the chief executives’ committee agreed the Super Over represented an “exciting and engaging conclusion” to a game.The Super Over will also now be in place for every game in both 20-over and 50-over World Cups, having previously only applied in the knockout stages.In the group stages of a tournament, if a Super Over is tied then the match result will be logged as a tie.(ESPN Cricinfo)
Guinea coach Paul Put responded by bringing on Liverpool midfielder Naby Keita for his first appearance since 1 May, after the 24-year-old sustained a thigh injury against Barcelona in the Champions League semi-final.Metanire’s poorly-timed tackle on Traore allowed Guinea – who failed to qualify in 2017 – a route back in to the match, and the 2015 quarter-finalists went close through Traore and Fulham’s Ibrahima Cisse as they pressed for a late winner.Guinea face Nigeria next on Wednesday, while Madagascar take on fellow debutants Burundi on Thursday.Share this:FacebookRedditTwitterPrintPinterestEmailWhatsAppSkypeLinkedInTumblrPocketTelegram Madagascar yesterday marked their Africa Cup of Nations debut with a draw against Group B opponents Guinea in Alexandria.Sory Kaba had put Guinea ahead after 34 minutes, but Madagascar responded with two goals in six second-half minutes through Anicet Andrianantenaina and Charles Carolus Andriamahitsinoro.Francois Kamano’s 66th-minute penalty earned a point for Guinea, after Romain Metanire had fouled Ibrahima Traore.Madagascar more than held their own in their first Africa Cup of Nations appearance, despite falling behind as Dijon striker Kaba latched on to Amadou Diawara’s pass and calmly rounded goalkeeper Melvin Adrien.The Madagascan players ran to celebrate with their coaching staff as Andrianantenaina headed in the nation’s first-ever goal in the competition four minutes after half-time.And Andriamahitsinoro completed the turnaround as he slotted in to the bottom left corner for Nicolas Dupuis’ side – ranked 108 in the world.