Love to cook? There’s two sinks, two ovens, two dishwashers here

first_imgRelax and unwind at 25 Merinda St, Greenslopes.Mr Behrendt said the kitchen was a cook’s dream with a central island bench with waterfall stone benchtops, butler’s pantry, two dishwashers, two ovens, and two sinks. Local and interstate buyers have expressed keen interest in the property.“Contemporary homes in Greenslopes are slowly evolving as they have in neighbouring suburbs of Coorparoo, Holland Park and Camp Hill,” he said.“The streetscape in changing in Greenslopes as grand new houses emerge.” Imagine coming home to this piece of art every day. Inside 25 Merinda St, Greenslopes. The kitchen area at 25 Merinda St, Greenslopes is massive and has two ovens and two sinks.Set in one of Greenslopes’ premier streets, this new home is only moments to Coorparoo Square and 5km to the CBD.Mr Behrendt said the main drawcard was the space created towards the rear of the property which encapsuled the grand living area with the 6m void, bi-fold doors that opened onto a covered entertaining area with lush landscaped gardens and a swimming pool. “The combination of bold black steel with warm spotted gum timber and stainless steel is a striking combination or warmth and modern edge design,” he said.“Five bedrooms with four bathrooms provide ample room for a family with the fifth bedroom positioned downstairs – perfect for a home business or teenage retreat.”center_img 25 Merinda St, Greenslopes is a stunning new three-storey build.A luxury new home at Greenslopes has hit the market with plenty of internal space for a family to enjoy.The five-bedroom, four-bathroom property at 25 Merinda St is on a 405sq m block.McGrath Bulimba-Balmoral selling agent Gunther Behrendt said the property was bought in 2016 and the existing house demolished to create this contemporary three-level home.“This is a home you would expect in Bulimba with is modern sleek design, bold architecture and grand open-plan living using space to create a sense of harmony with the building,” Mr Behrendt said. He said there was a 6m void, living room wrapped in black steel and spotted gum timber to make a grand statement.The home features glass sliding windows to the front in both the second living room and main bedroom. “This instant opening creates excellent ventilation and connection with the outside outlook. Mirrored window treatment ensures privacy,” Mr Behrendt said.More from newsParks and wildlife the new lust-haves post coronavirus12 hours agoNoosa’s best beachfront penthouse is about to hit the market12 hours agolast_img read more

The Latest: Flames’ Hamonic first NHL player to opt out

first_imgThe school says 110 players were tested when the player returned to campus beginning July 5 for voluntary workouts. The players were all tested before the workout began, the school says. It adds that none of the players that tested positive have required hospitalization.The tests were administered by UVA athletics sports medicine.The players with positive test results will self-isolate for 10 days, or until they have been fever-free for at least three days, whichever is longer. They also will undergo cardiac screening before they are permitted to join daily sports functions.The school did not indicate how many others were determined through contact tracing to have come into close contact with the players infected. It also did not indicate whether any coaches or other football staff have tested positive for the novel coronavirus.All those found to have come into contact with the infected players will be asked to self-quarantine for at least 14 days and are unable to participate in daily sports functions in that time. Both players had been absent since the White Sox resumed workouts last week for the first time since Major League Baseball shut down camps in March.The team had said Kopech was dealing with a personal issue.“We recognize that reaching this decision is incredibly difficult for any competitive athlete, and our organization is understanding and supportive,” general manager Rick Hahn said in a statement. “We will work with Michael to assure his development continues throughout 2020, and we look forward to welcoming him back into our clubhouse for the 2021 season.”The 24-year-old right-hander is coming back from Tommy John surgery in September 2018. He hit triple-digits on the radar gun during his first spring training appearance.Kopech was optioned to Triple-A Charlotte on March 26 and likely would have opened the year in the minors had the season started on time. Kopech was acquired by Chicago in the December 2016 trade that sent Chris Sale to the Boston Red Sox. He made his big league debut in 2018, going 1-1 with a 5.02 ERA in four starts.Moncada set career highs by hitting .315 with 25 homers and 79 RBIs in a breakthrough season last year.___South American soccer body CONMEBOL said Friday its Copa Libertadores tournament will restart Sept. 15, more than six months after it was suspended.The Copa Sudamericana, the second most prestigious club competition of the region, will resume on Oct. 27, CONMEBOL said. ___The Red Sox and Blue Jays will play two exhibition games at Fenway Park before baseball’s delayed regular-season opener.Toronto will visit Boston on July 21 and 22 before heading down to Tampa Bay for its opener. The Red Sox are scheduled to open at home against the Baltimore Orioles on July 24.___More AP sports: https://apnews.com/apf-sports and https://twitter.com/AP_Sports July 10, 2020 The team said after Bidwill developed symptoms, he tested positive for COVID-19 and went to the hospital after a recommendation by his doctor. His condition has improved and he’s expected to be released this weekend.The team believes the 55-year-old Bidwill caught the virus while traveling and spending time on the East Coast for several weeks. He’s been working remotely since March and the team says he hasn’t had in-person contact coaches or players.___Chicago White Sox prized pitching prospect Michael Kopech has opted not to play this season. The team also said star third baseman Yoán Moncada and pitcher Jose Ruiz were placed on the 10-day injure list because of unspecified ailments.The White Sox believe they are poised for a turnaround after seven straight losing seasons. But losing Kopech for the season and Moncada for at least a little while are big blows. The Latest: Flames’ Hamonic first NHL player to opt out The team announced Hamonic’s decision Friday night several hours after the league and NHLPA agreed to resume the season. Hamonic opted out for family reasons.“Travis explained that due to family considerations, he has made the difficult decision not to participate,” Calgary general manager Brad Treliving said. “While we will miss Travis in our lineup, we understand and respect his decision.”Hamonic, who turns 30 next month, is a pending free agent. The Flames are set to face the Winnipeg Jets in the qualifying round, starting Aug. 1 in Edmonton.___Arizona Cardinals owner Michael Bidwill has tested positive for coronavirus. Share This StoryFacebookTwitteremailPrintLinkedinRedditThe Latest on the effects of the coronavirus outbreak on sports around the world:___Calgary Flames defenseman Travis Hamonic is the first player to opt out of the NHL’s return. Atlantic Coast Conference commissioner John Swofford says the league expects to make its decision on fall sports in “late July.”The league put out Swofford’s statement Friday afternoon, saying the league has prepared “numerous scenarios” for fall competition over the last few months. The decision would come from the league’s board of directors.Earlier this week, the ACC delayed the start of fall competition until at least Sept. 1. That move impacts non-revenue programs like soccer, volleyball, field hockey and cross country, but not football for now. The first football game involving a league team is North Carolina State’s trip to Louisville on Sept. 2.___Virginia says two football players have tested positive for COVID-19 and will self-isolate for at least 10 days, along with other members of the program found to have come into close contact with them. South America is one of the epicenters of the COVID-19 pandemic. Brazil alone has counted more than 70,000 fatalities due to the virus.The soccer body said teams that need to play out of their hometowns because of the pandemic will have enough time to do so. The presence of fans will depend on local authorities, according to CONMEBOL’s health protocols.___The University of Michigan says two athletes tested positive during a second round of COVID-19 testing, bringing the total to four out of the 375 who have been tested. The school says none of the 139 staff members have tested positive.___ ___San Francisco Giants star catcher Buster Posey is the latest big-name player to skip this season because of concerns over the coronavirus pandemic.Posey announced his decision on Friday. He says his family finalized the adoption of identical twin girls this week. The babies were born prematurely and Posey said after consultations with his wife and doctor he decided to opt out of the season. Posey had missed three practices while dealing with a personal issue.Posey joins other big-name players like Dodgers pitcher David Price, Washington first baseman Ryan Zimmerman, Colorado’s Ian Desmond and Arizonna pitcher Mike Leake in deciding not to take part in the 60-game season this year.— Josh Dubow reporting. Associated Press last_img read more