Mohamed Elneny honoured to have been signed by Arsene Wenger

first_img The Wales international has scored in his last two matches, including his side’s opener in the entertaining 3-3 draw at Anfield, and he admits he is confident about his sharpness in and around the penalty area. “I am feeling confident in there,” said. “I know my team-mates have the ability to pick my runs out and give that final ball for me so I can get on to it. “It was a good ball from Joel (Campbell) again so I was delighted with that goal. “We have a tough game coming up against Stoke – we haven’t found it easy the last few times we have been there (no victory in five visits and three defeats) but we will be looking to get back to winning ways and get back on another run.” Press Association Arsenal’s new signing Mohamed Elneny admits he is honoured to have been signed by Arsene Wenger. The Egypt international is in line to make Sunday’s squad at Stoke after completing a drawn-out £5million transfer from Basle “subject to the completion of regulatory processes”. He is expected to be registered ahead of Friday’s noon deadline to be eligible and he cannot wait to start work with Wenger. “Arsenal is one of those teams that everyone enjoys watching and of course I would love to play for such a great team. It is an indescribable feeling (to have signed),” he told Arsenal Player. “Mr Wenger is a highly respected manager and one of the world’s best managers; it is my honour to be trained under his management. “I would like to tell (the fans) that, although you have not seen much of me, I promise I will contribute positively with the team.” The 23-year-old hopes to be able to contribute towards an ambitious treble this season having set his sights high after leaving Basle. Arsenal are top of the Premier League, in the fourth round of the FA Cup and the last 16 of the Champions League – although they face a tough challenge against defending champions Barcelona – and Elneny has big ambitions. “I am hoping that we win the Premier League and cup this season, and the Champions League as well,” he added. “Arsenal is one of the world’s greatest teams, and I am very keen to participate positively with my new team and to give my best for the team and for myself.” While the best Elneny could hope for is a place on the bench on Sunday as in-form midfielder Aaron Ramsey is set for a key role. last_img read more

Michael Gallup injury update: Cowboys receiver (knee) ‘not ruled out’ vs. Packers

first_img“We got to see how he does out there (in practice this week),” Jones added.Gallup had arthroscopic surgery on his left knee last month and he was expected to miss two to four weeks. Jones’ comment comes after the receiver reached the two-week mark in his recovery this past Sunday.  Related News Matt Nagy dodges questions about Roquan Smith’s mysterious absence; status uncertain for Week 5 Tyler Boyd: Bengals ’embarrassed’ by Steelers in prime time Melvin Ingram injury update: Chargers defensive end (hamstring) could miss multiple weeks, report sayscenter_img There’s a chance receiver Michael Gallup could make his return Sunday against the Packers. Cowboys owner Jerry Jones said Tuesday on  105.3FM The Fan  that the team isn’t “ruling it out.”  Gallup was injured in the fourth quarter of the Cowboys’ 31-21 road victory over the Redskins in Week 2. Further testing revealed damage to the meniscus, though there was initial optimism that the knee was only bruised.Gallup, 23, got off to a strong start this season as he was a consistent target for quarterback Dak Prescott and an alternative to veteran star Amari Cooper. Gallup has 13 receptions (15 targets) for 226 yards through two games this season in his second year with Dallas.The Cowboys are 3-1 and have relied on depth in Gallup’s absence between Cooper, Randall Cobb and Devin Smith. Dallas had a 31-6 win over the Dolphins in Week 3, but fell 12-10 to the Saints on Sunday. The Cowboys are scheduled to host the Packers (3-1) at 4:25 p.m. ET Sunday.last_img read more

Devin Clark takes a knee in support of Black Lives Matter protests during fighter introductions at UFC 250

first_imgDevin Clark was determined to make a statement at UFC 250.While he did just that by collecting his second consecutive win with a unanimous decision over Alonzo Menifield, what is resonating throughout social media is what he did before and after the fight. MORE: Jon Jones confiscates spray cans from protestersAfter the decision was announced in his favor, Clark again showed solidarity with the protests by raising a fist with his team in the Octagon.Devin Clark makes a statement with a unanimous decision win at #UFC250.And then he makes another statement in support of our brothers and sisters on the ground protesting the deaths of #BreonnaTaylor #GeorgeFloyd and #AhmaudArbery.Beautiful.#BlackLivesMatter pic.twitter.com/E7nS6ZQ54G— Andreas Hale (@AndreasHale) June 6, 2020The deaths of George, Breonna Taylor and Ahmaud Arbery sparked protests against police brutality and racism across the United States and worldwide. Those demonstrations have now reached the UFC’s Octagon, where Clark wanted to make sure that he made his position loud and clear. The 30-year-old light heavyweight from South Dakota took a knee and raised a fist during his introduction by Bruce Buffer in support of the worldwide Black Lives Matter protests that followed the death of George Floyd at the hands of former Minneapolis police officer Derek Chauvin on May 25.  UFC light heavyweight @brownbearC took a knee and raised his fist while being introduced at #UFC250 pic.twitter.com/UbsU1t67r6— ESPN MMA (@espnmma) June 6, 2020Clark and Menifield — whose father was killed by Los Angeles police — put on an entertaining brawl that saw Clark have to overcome a possible orbital fracture to outstrike his opponent en route to the victory. last_img read more

Queensland based Skytrans ceases operations

first_imgThe Cairns-based regional airline Skytrans has ceased trading and all staff have been made redundant.The family-owned business says it was not forced to shut down but felt like it needed to make a decision to maximise cash reserves for staff, suppliers and passenger refunds.Skytrans managing director Simon Wild, said that the loss of a government contract and the falling Australian dollar for the decision in a statement on the company’s website.“We have been talking with possible investors and have pursued these interests diligently, but, unfortunately, every road pointed to unsustainability and as such we could, and would not, entice investors to a business we did not believe ourselves had a strong future,” Mr Wild said.The airline lost its government contract in October and since then had been working on a slimmer business model for 2015, based on an exchange rate with the US dollar of $0.91, the Sydney Morning Herald reported.All superannuation and entitlement payments were up to date with more than AUD$4 million paid out to staff.“To continue to operate the airline would have put at risk our staff entitlements and possible incursion of liabilities the business would be unable to meet,” Mr Wild said.Mr Wild apologised to passengers who may have been caught unaware by the sudden announcement and said he would seek legal and financial advice regarding options for the business.Source = ETB Travel News: Lewis Wisemanlast_img read more