Sports Minister pays a courtesy call on Weightlifters ahead of Africa Championship

first_imgAs part of his avowed dream to help develop sports in the country, the Honorable Minister of Youth and Sports Elvis Afriyie Ankrah has paid a working visit to the training camp of the Ghana Weightlifting Association at the Accra Sports Stadium to familiarize himself with their preparations ahead of the African Championships.The Ghana Weightlifters Association have been preparing assiduously for the event in the last few months and are only fine tuning themselves with just a few days for the Championships to commence. The Honorable Minister was clearly impressed with what he saw and urged the lads to train hard to be able to compete with the very best on the continent.“Your competitors are not from Space. They are human beings like you. The only difference between two competing athletes is the level of training they have and the support they get from bodies like us.From what I have seen in here, it is obvious that you guys are in very good shape for the competition and I would implore on you to go make the nation proud at the event. You can do it if you put yourself to it, train intensively, get the right nutrition and simply believe that you are the best out there.”President of the Ghana Weightlifting Association, Ben Nunoo Mensah who also serves as a Presidential Staffer expressed his gratitude to the Minister for spending such quality time with the athletes and urged them to heed to the advice of the Minister as they stand a very good chance of winning laurels in the near future for the nation.Two companies also used the occasion to present cash and product support to the Association. Erke presented the athletes with some sports products, whilst Indomie Ghana Limited presented a cash of GHC 5,000.00  and a cheque of GHC 15,000.00 A philanthropist was also on hand to donate GHC 2,000.00 to the Association.last_img read more

2 Ponca City students struck by vehicle of a former Wellington resident

first_imgBy Shane Farley, Newscow.net. – Two female students in Ponca City were struck by a vehicle Tuesday morning as they headed to school.Police said the driver of the vehicle – identified as 26-year-old Chase Clinkingbeard – was taken into custody. Clinkingbeard, who has previously listed a Wellington address, had a suspended Kansas driver’s license.The two girls were taken to the hospital by ambulance for treatment of injuries that were not considered life threatening.The girls had just stepped into the intersection on Grand Avenue when they were struck. The driver is said to have disregarded a crossing guard in the area.Police said the accident was caused by  a complete disregard of standard rules of safety.Follow us on Twitter. Close Forgot password? Please put in your email: Send me my password! Close message Login This blog post All blog posts Subscribe to this blog post’s comments through… RSS Feed Subscribe via email Subscribe Subscribe to this blog’s comments through… RSS Feed Subscribe via email Subscribe Follow the discussion Comments (9) Logging you in… Close Login to IntenseDebate Or create an account Username or Email: Password: Forgot login? Cancel Login Close WordPress.com Username or Email: Password: Lost your password? Cancel Login Dashboard | Edit profile | Logout Logged in as Admin Options Disable comments for this page Save Settings Sort by: Date Rating Last Activity Loading comments… You are about to flag this comment as being inappropriate. Please explain why you are flagging this comment in the text box below and submit your report. The blog admin will be notified. Thank you for your input. +3 Vote up Vote down Curious local · 258 weeks ago Why would this be of local interest? Is there nothing that is actually local worth reporting on? Perhaps this is to fuel local gossip. Report Reply 0 replies · active 258 weeks ago 0 Vote up Vote down southsideresident · 258 weeks ago I for one am interested as he was a neighbor down the road. His mother continues to own property here in Wellington. The family did live here at one time. Report Reply 1 reply · active 255 weeks ago 0 Vote up Vote down C-chell · 255 weeks ago Y are you so interested?? Did you even know any of them?? Just curious. And just FYI everyone he did NOT disregard a crossing guard.. The crossing guard was still on the side walk! The two little girls ran out in front of the vehicle… People need to get there facts straight!! Report Reply +4 Vote up Vote down Thirsty · 258 weeks ago I am with Curious on this one. There is no basis for reporting this news other than for local people who know of his existence to gossip about it because that’s all there is to do in Wellington. Sure you are free to report on what you want Cue but is there some reasoning behind this one? One time in the police reports on here i saw theft of a sandwich as one of the lines lol. Surely there’s more interesting things to report on. I am not attacking you I just don’t understand how this impacts anybody in the community. Report Reply 1 reply · active 258 weeks ago +1 Vote up Vote down CueballSumnernewscow 94p · 258 weeks ago First of all, I didn’t report the story. Secondly, it involves a Wellington person or former resident. We print obits all the time from people who haven’t lived in Wellington for years, but there is a local interest. Report Reply -1 Vote up Vote down southsideresident · 258 weeks ago Even if people are at a distance if you have have known them or have had some connection, positive or negative, news of that person is of interest. Report Reply 0 replies · active 258 weeks ago 0 Vote up Vote down turkeyleg · 258 weeks ago Seems like some on here like to edit truthful comments. Sad, when a dangerous action that inflicts others is happening and others try to cover it up. I guess some people get printed and others don’t. But that’s Wellington. Report Reply 0 replies · active 258 weeks ago -1 Vote up Vote down toufa · 257 weeks ago Even if people are at a distance if you have have known them or have had some connection, positive or negative, news of that person is of interest. Report Reply 0 replies · active 257 weeks ago 0 Vote up Vote down C-chell · 255 weeks ago Fyi everyone he did not disregard a crossing guard.. The crossing guard was still on the side walk.. The two little girls ran out in front of the vehicle.. People need to get there facts straight Report Reply 0 replies · active 255 weeks ago Post a new comment Enter text right here! Comment as a Guest, or login: Login to IntenseDebate Login to WordPress.com Login to Twitter Go back Tweet this comment Connected as (Logout) Email (optional) Not displayed publicly. Name Email Website (optional) Displayed next to your comments. Not displayed publicly. If you have a website, link to it here. Posting anonymously. Tweet this comment Submit Comment Subscribe to None Replies All new comments Comments by IntenseDebate Enter text right here! Reply as a Guest, or login: Login to IntenseDebate Login to WordPress.com Login to Twitter Go back Tweet this comment Connected as (Logout) Email (optional) Not displayed publicly. Name Email Website (optional) Displayed next to your comments. Not displayed publicly. If you have a website, link to it here. Posting anonymously. Tweet this comment Cancel Submit Comment Subscribe to None Replies All new commentslast_img read more

Antonio Conte reacted furiously to his Chelsea sacking*

first_img tense REVEALED Real Madrid ‘offer’ Isco to Chelsea in bid to ‘make room’ for Tottenham star silverware possible standings possible xi Premier League Team of the Season so far, including Liverpool and Leicester stars REVEALED How Chelsea could line up against Southampton – what system will Lampard play? Green reveals how he confronted Sarri after Chelsea’s 6-0 defeat at Man City How the Premier League table could change after the Boxing Day fixtures Which teams do the best on Boxing Day in the Premier League era? center_img DISCLAIMER: Like the ‘long term’ contract Chelsea have given Maurizio Sarri, this video should not be taken seriously.Antonio Conte was sacked by Chelsea after two years in charge at the club… and he was far from happy about it.The now former Blues manager held a ‘press conference’ after his dismissal to address the situation, and strangely decided to speak in his native Italian.Thankfully talkSPORT’s trusty translator, who can always be relied upon with his GCSE in languages, was on hand to capture the story as Conte ripped into his players, his incoming replacement and his ex-boss Roman Abramovich.You can watch the full video above. Where Ancelotti ranks with every Premier League boss for trophies won shining smart causal Boxing Day fixtures: All nine Premier League games live on talkSPORT gameday cracker England’s most successful clubs of the past decade, according to trophies won Latest Chelsea News Every current Premier League club’s best kit from the past decade REAL DEAL last_img read more