TGI Group Tasks Eagles to Go for Victory against Algeria

first_imgOkon Bassey in UyoAn international investment and holding company, Tropical General Investment (TGI) Group has advised the Super Eagles to aim for victory in the last World Cup qualification match with the Fennecs of Algeria.Executive Director of TGI Group, Mr. Onyekachi Onubogu tasks the Nigerian senior national team wednesday. The TGI Group is the owners of the Big Bull Rice brand which recently signed a milestone agreement with the Nigerian Football Federation (NFF) as the official food sponsor of the Super Eagles for the next three yearsHe stressed that a win by the Super Eagles in the encounter with the Algerians despite already picking the Group B ticket to Russia 2018 will further boost the ego of the team and put them in the right frame of minds as they begin final preparations for the global football fiesta.According to him, “it is our desire that the Super Eagles finish their qualification series unbeaten with a win against the Fennecs of Algeria”.He admonished Super Eagles’ Technical Adviser, Gernot Rohr, and his players to make tomorrow’s game another win to show that they are prepared to conquer the world in Russia 2018.“We will like to again congratulate the Super Eagles of Nigeria for qualifying for the World Cup next year in Russia and most importantly for being the first African nation to do so.”Onubogu said the TGI is committed to continue supporting the NFF and the Super Eagles as they plan and prepare to bring glory to Nigeria.Share this:FacebookRedditTwitterPrintPinterestEmailWhatsAppSkypeLinkedInTumblrPocketTelegramlast_img read more

As Ganta Remains Ebola Hotspot in Nimba…

first_imgDespite the raging of the deadly Ebola Virus which has claimed more than 70 lives in Nimba with over 300 contacts, the status of the holding site situated at the Ganta Hospital Compound remains in limbo.The site, which was expected to be officially turned over to the Administration of Nimba County on 4th September 2014, is yet to be completed with several other facilities still untouched.“We do not have water in the entire building as of present, and this place cannot be opened in the absence of water,” Supt. Fong Zuagele told the Daily Observer in frustration.When this reporter visited the project site, there was still work ongoing in bathrooms and other places in the building.Clean up was still ongoing as well, and there was no sign of its being ready to hold patients as there are yet no beds or other necessary supplies.Even though those recruited to work in the facility are still undergoing training in Monrovia, the continual delay in the completion of the holding site is causing dismay among residents in Ganta.Over 70 persons — suspected, probable and confirmed deaths — have occurred in Nimba since the Ebola outbreak intensified in July. With Ganta carrying the highest death rate, the holding site issue remains the stickiest part in the fight against Ebola, causing frustration among the citizens.Since the outbreak, people continue to die at home in Ganta daily, to which many have attributed the death rate, due to neglect or no care.Among the latest dead is a six-year-old girl who died on the 2nd of September 2014 at home in the Small Ganta Community, the hot spot in Ganta at present.According to reports, this little girl was the last remaining relative of the Roseline Tokpah family, whose death spread the virus in the Small Ganta Community.Roseline Tokpah, an employee of Ecobank – Ganta, and her entire family, including her husband, died of Ebola after Roseline’s sickness was believed to be the result of food poisoning — until she died.Nearly all of those who came in contact with Roseline are said to have died, and the little girl was believed to be last of her family.“If there was a holding site, at least this little girl was going to be cared for and survived,” said one of the residents.The Ganta holding site has been earmarked since late July 2014.The first building the Methodist Hospital provided was changed because it required extensive renovation, then the Ear Clinic which is yet to be completed.Arcelor Mittal, who is underwriting the cost, committed to complete and turn the building over to the county on 4th Sept 2014. The company also promised to provide beds, but the delay is worrying the already frightened population of Ganta.“The building is completed,” says Jerry Mwagbwe, a spokesperson for ArcelorMittal Liberia. “About two weeks ago, a delegation from the County Health Team approached the management to provide the furnishings (specialty mattresses, buckets, etc) for the building once completed. Although the management wanted to turn over the building and supply the furnishings later, the general view is that the building be furnished first.  That was the reason why it was not turned over today.  All efforts are being exerted and to expedite the procurement process to ensure the furnishings are available in full.”  City Mayor Dorr Cooper later explained that authorities and their partners are making sure that everything needed in the building is completed before turning it over so as not to face embarrassment once the site is opened to the public.Share this:Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)last_img read more


first_imgA man quizzed over  the disappearance of Donegal schoolgirl Mary Boyle has been released without charge.Mary BoyleThe convict sex offender, who is from Donegal, was released just after 8pm this evening.A Garda spokesman said officers will continue to liaise with Ann Boyle, whose six-year-old daughter Mary vanished in March 1977. A Garda spokesman said “Pending further investigation a file will be sent to the Director of Public Prosecutions.“The man had been detained at Mullingar Garda Station under Section 4 of the Criminal Justice Act 1984.“The investigation into the disappearance of Mary Boyle is ongoing. Gardaí continue to liaise with Mary’s mother, Ann Boyle.”Mary went missing from near her grandparents’ home in Cashelard, Ballyshannon on 18 March 1977. She was six years old at the time. All searches in the meantime for the missing child have proved fruitless.BREAKING NEWS: MAN QUIZZED OVER MARY’S DISAPPEARANCE RELEASED WITHOUT CHARGE was last modified: October 23rd, 2014 by StephenShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window)last_img read more