Deontay Wilder, Tyson Fury granted WBC extension for rematch deal

first_imgDeontay Wilder and Tyson Fury have been granted additional time by the WBC to agree on a deal for their rematch.Join DAZN and watch more than 100 fight nights a year Many felt Fury had done enough to earn the win despite twice having to get up off the canvas — the second time coming in an incredible 12th round at Staples Center.Speaking in January, Fury’s promoter Frank Warren stated he expected the fight to take place on either April 27 or in May.Wilder’s co-manager Shelly Finkel told ESPN: “We’re in strong negotiations and hopefully we will get things done. I don’t think we are going to need a purse bid.” WBC president Mauricio Sulaiman confirmed via Twitter the purse bid, scheduled for Tuesday, had been delayed following requests from both [email protected] has extended the free negotiation period for @BronzeBomber vs @Tyson_Fury as both parties requested time to finalize deal.— Mauricio Sulaiman (@wbcmoro) February 4, 2019″We have extended [for] one week the free negotiations, per their request,” Sulaiman told ESPN.Wilder retained his WBC heavyweight belt after a contentious draw against Fury on Dec. 1 in Los Angeles.last_img

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *