Target says the closings 12 stores are part of a natural process of trying to refine its portfolio of stores, shutting a few every year to winnow out the losers while expanding with promising new ones. In Target’s case, it says it will have opened 32 new stores in 2017, creating 2,000 jobs.The 12 stores being closed will stay open through the holiday season and beyond, finally shutting on Feb. 3.”This decision was not made lightly,” said Target spokeswoman Erin Conroy. “We have a rigorous process in place to evaluate the performance of every store on an annual basis, closing or relocating underperforming locations as needed.”The closings come at a time when Target is facing tremendous pressure from online merchants like Amazon, which has forced it to watch costs and try to come up with creative strategies to keep its stores viable.The Stores Being Closed Are:•Eastland in Harper Woods, Mich.•Hutchinson, Kans.•Benton Harbor, Mich.•Fergus Falls, Minn.•Hastings, Minn.•Macon, Ga.•Slidell, La.•Lauderhill, Fla.•Matteson, Ill.•Romeoville, Ill.•Baltimore West•San Antonio Far East FacebookTwitterCopy LinkEmail Here Are The 12 Stores Target Is Closing Next
Please join us on 9/11 at Marina Pointe, 830 LST Drive from 4:30-7:30 and enjoy free food and entertainment for all first responders, active military, retired military and their immediate family members. Just show your ID or badge to get in free.This event is open to the general public for $5.00 per person. Anyone under 18 gets in free.All proceeds benefit 911 gives hope.Thank you to all first responders and military for putting your lives on the line for our community everyday.FacebookTwitterCopy LinkEmail
Coffee shops and cafés are playing a “notable” role in the longer-term trend among consumers for frequent eating out of home, according to new research by Allegra Strategies.In the first phase of a major research programme, How Britain Eats, Allegra found 51% of consumers would choose to have a meal in a coffee shop or café.Restaurants remain the most popular choice at 79%, followed by friends or relatives’ homes at 75% and pubs at 56%. Fast food outlets (35%) and sandwich bars (28%) were the sixth and seventh most-popular choices. Only 5% of consumers said they would not eat out in a typical three-month period.
By Dialogo May 23, 2012 NEW YORK CITY — Jamaican gangster Jermaine Cohen, a.k.a. “Cowboy,” said on May 22 in a U.S. District Court in Manhattan that his former boss, drug kingpin Christopher Coke, ruled an area of the capital of Kingston with a vicious army of gunmen. Coke, widely known as “Dudus,” ran the Tivoli Gardens area as a personal fiefdom and a base for local crime and international drug trafficking. Cohen told the court in New York that anyone getting in Coke’s way, or committing crimes that had not been given the green light, was punished. “People got beaten, sir, got shot up and killed,” he said. Cohen, 37, is testifying against Coke, his former mentor, in a hearing before U.S. District Judge Robert Patterson decides on a sentence for the drug lord. Prosecutors want the maximum 23 years, while the defense wants a reduced sentence. Coke was extradited to the United States last year after a ferocious gun battle that left scores dead in the Tivoli Gardens area. [AFP, 22/05/2012; Jamaica-gleaner.com (Jamaica), 23/05/2012]
Sign up for our COVID-19 newsletter to stay up-to-date on the latest coronavirus news throughout New York Cablevision System Corp.’s Optimum Wi-Fi Hotspots are putting customers’ electronic devices’ security at risk, slowing Internet speeds and increasing electric bills, a Brooklyn man claimed in a federal lawsuit filed last month.Paul Jensen filed the suit July 16 against the Bethpage-based cable company, which he alleged didn’t get his permission before allowing fellow subscribers to log on to the Web when they’re within range of his residential Optimum Smart Router signal, according to court papers. Cablevision called the action “frivolous.”“Cablevision never obtained authorization from its customers to use the customers’ household routers to broadcast additional Wi-Fi hotspots that are available to the public,” the suit claims. “As a result of this unauthorized use, Cablevision is…externalizing its costs for this project onto its customers…compromising the speed of the customers’ Internet access and…subjecting its customers to increased security risks.”Comcast, the nation’s largest cable company, is reportedly facing a similar lawsuit filed by the same attorneys representing Jensen: Joseph Bates of Arkansas-based Carney Bates & Pulliam, PLLC; Gillian Wade of California-based Milstein Adelman, LLP; plus Brian Ku, Louis Mussman and M. Ryan Casey of Florida-based Ku & Mussman, P.A. They are seeking class-action status in both cases.Cablevision, the fifth-largest cable company in the country, suggested that the suit is a jobs program for the legal team in a statement to Courthouse News, which first reported the suit.“Our customers love having access to Optimum WiFi both in and out of the home, and this frivolous lawsuit appears to be the result of plaintiffs’ attorneys looking for something to do,” Cablevision said in the statement. “For more than 40 years, privacy and security have been of paramount importance to Cablevision, and all Optimum Wi-Fi access points provide both convenient and secure wireless broadband connections for our customers.”Aside from allegedly making it easier for hackers to gain access to their customers’ electronic information in violation of the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act, Jensen’s suit also claims that tests show Cablevison’s Wi-Fi hotspots saddle customers with increased electric bills.“Engineers at Speedify, a technology company offering services to increase customers’ Internet connection speeds, have run tests on routers supplied to residential customers, which broadcast secondary Wi-Fi networks—exactly like those Cablevision supplies to its customers to establish its Optimum Wi-Fi Hotspots,” the suit said. “The test established that such devices do use more electricity than routers that only emit one Wi-Fi network, even if no one ever connects to the second Wi-Fi network, and thus the engineers concluded that companies engaging in such practices externalize millions of dollars in costs onto their unsuspecting customers in order to establish these Wi-Fi networks.”The suit was filed several months after Cabelvision launched Freewheel, a Wi-Fi-only voice, text and data service that offers an alternative to cell service providers—although the only device option currently available is a Moto G smartphone.Cabelvision has until Sept. 18 to file its initial response to the complaint with the court. The case is before Judge Leonard Wexler at Central Islip federal court.
11SHARESShareShareSharePrintMailGooglePinterestDiggRedditStumbleuponDeliciousBufferTumblr CUNA is concerned with a report on consumer testing used by the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) to analyze periodic statement forms for consumers in bankruptcy, but concurs with some of its findings. The bureau issued a report in February on its study that tracked comprehension, perceived utility and attitudinal reactions in response to various forms.The data comes from 51 one-on-one interviews with subjects who had experience in various types of bankruptcy and some with no bankruptcy experience. Interviews were conducted in three locations: Arlington, Va., Ft. Lauderdale, Fla. and Chicago, Ill.“We concur with the finding that clear information about consequences of non-payment are important to be included in the statement, even if the information appears somewhat threatening to the borrower,” CUNA’s comment letter reads. “We hope the CFPB will acknowledge that there are consequences to non-payment of borrowed funds, not only in the bankruptcy context, but in other situations as well.”CUNA went on to urge the CFPB to go further with this conclusion and amend the forms to include more information about the consequences of non-payment, including information about late fees and when they will be assessed. continue reading »
ITB Berlin is the world’s leading travel fair. In 2019, a total of 10 companies and organizations from 181 countries exhibited their products and services to about 160 visitors, including 113.500 retailers. In parallel with the fair, the ITB Berlin convention will take place from Wednesday, March 4, to Saturday, March 7. The German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) is the platinum sponsor, and the well-known German tour operator Studiosus is the gold sponsor. Revolutionary changes await the world tourism industry. The main topics are sustainability, digitalization, changing demands of service users and luxury travel, and they will be the focus of discussions, lectures and rallies during the ITB Berlin convention, where experts, researchers and industry leaders will present their ideas and inspire visitors for new approaches. projects and products. They will be supported by the latest market analyzes, best practice examples and exclusive research from the global tourism industry. ITB Berlin 2020 will be held from Wednesday March 4, until Sunday, March 8, and from Wednesday to Friday it will be open only to traders. Source / photo: ITB Berlin You can find more information about the fair HERE.
So far pro-royalist demonstrations have been small, compared to the tens of thousands who joined the biggest anti-government demonstration in September.”We are here to fight for democracy,” said Romtum Cheyhert, 63, who joined the anti-government protest from the northern city of Chiang Mai.Among protesters’ demands are for curbs on the constitutional powers of the king and for him to transfer back the personal control he took of some army units and a palace fortune valued in the tens of billions of dollars.Royalist politician Warong Dechgitvigrom condemned the protesters in a Facebook post on Wednesday and called on the government to prosecute those he accused of intending to destroy the monarchy. Thai anti-government protesters hurriedly brought forward a demonstration in Bangkok on Wednesday, saying they feared confrontation with royalist groups planning to assemble nearby in support of the king.Three months of protests demanding a new constitution and the departure of Prime Minister Prayuth Chan-ocha – a former junta leader – have largely been peaceful, although demonstrators scuffled with police on Tuesday and 21 activists were arrested.Protesters have also sought to curb the powers of King Maha Vajiralongkorn and in a rare direct challenge, chanted “release our friends” at his passing motorcade on Tuesday. A couple of hundred protesters began assembling from 8 a.m. (0100 GMT) at Bangkok’s Democracy Monument on the anniversary of a 1973 uprising that brought down the then military government. The protest had originally been scheduled for six hours later.”We are having the protest earlier because they are getting supporters to receive the royal motorcade to start a conflict with us,” protest leader and human rights lawyer Arnon Nampa told protesters. “We are holding this protest peacefully.”The government made no immediate comment, but has said people have the right to protest. The Palace has repeatedly declined to comment on the protests or the demands of protesters.Pro-royalist groups said they planned gatherings near the anti-government protest, raising fears of trouble in a country roiled by a decade of street violence between supporters and opponents of the establishment before a 2014 coup. Topics :
Sharing is caring! His Excellency Mr Kamalesh Sharma. Photo credit: thecommonwealth.orgThe Secretary General of the Commonwealth Secretariat is paying an official visit to Dominica today.His Excellency Mr Kamalesh Sharma will meet with Prime Minister Roosevelt Skerrit to discuss the upcoming Commonwealth Heads of Government Meeting and the emerging priorities.Prime Minister Skerrit will also brief the Secretary General on Dominica’s priorities and issues of concern before the finalization of the agenda.His Excellency Sharma will also pay courtesy calls to the President of Dominica His Excellency Dr. Nicholas Liverpool, Speaker of the House of Assembly Alix Boyd Knights and Leader of the Opposition Honourable Hector John.A brief visit to the Kalinago Banana Aute will also form part of the Secretary Generals one day visit to Dominica.Dominica Vibes News 20 Views no discussions Share Tweet Share Share LocalNews HE Kamalesh Sharma on official visit in Dominica today by: – June 17, 2011
During the activity, Lacson led thesigning of the pledge of support to ASF-free Negros Occidental. Some officialsdonned shirts printed with words, “Let’s eat Negros pork”. In his message, Lacson hinted at apossible legal battle the province could face as some groups have expressedintention to legally question the ordinance. To promote its African swine fever-free pork industry, the provincial government of Negros Occidental holds a lechon eating on Nov. 26 at the Provincial Capitol’s Social Hall. Gov. Eugenio Jose Lacson and Vice Governor Jeffrey Ferrer officially signed Provincial Ordinance 2019-024, otherwise known as The ASF Prevention Ordinance. NEGROS OCCIDENTAL PIO Decena said there might be those whowill “test” the ordinance, but the province is “ready to face them.” Negros Occidental is the number onebackyard hog raiser in the country, and figures showed that the province’scurrent annual production for both backyard and commercial swine is 510,000heads. (With a report from PNA/PN) “This is very crucial, passing thisordinance. We all know that we have to save our hog industry. Through this, wehave strengthened our drive against ASF,” the governor said in his messageduring the program held at Capitol Social Hall. Lacson also declared Negros Occidentalas ASF-free province by virtue of Provincial Board Resolution 1042. Before the ordinance was passed, Lacson,who chairs the Provincial ASF Task Force, issued Executive Order 19-40temporarily banning pork products coming from Luzon for a period of 90 days,beginning Sept. 18. “When in doubt, inspectors can ship backthe pork products, including those mixed in other shipments like chicken andbeef. Across territorial and political boundaries, we will pursue theinspection and confiscation,” Decena said. The launching activity was also attendedby officers and members of Alliance of Hog Raisers Association of NegrosOccidental, personnel of concerned government agencies, and representativesfrom feed manufacturers, among others. Part of the salient features is thecontinuation of the inspection and confiscation of pork products fromASF-affected areas that will be intercepted in ports, including those inBacolod City. BACOLOD City – The province of Negros Occidental has imposed apermanent ban of pork and related products from Luzon and countriesaffected by African swine fever (ASF). Several heads of lechon (roasted pig)and pork-based products such as ham and tocino were prepared to showcase NegrosOccidental as ASF-free. “There’s a possibility of legal battle.Whatever it takes, we will challenge any effort from those who will violate theordinance,” the governor said. On Tuesday afternoon, Gov. Eugenio JoseLacson and Vice governor Jeffrey Ferrer signed Provincial Ordinance 2019-024,otherwise known as ”The ASF Prevention Ordinance of Negros Occidental” to keepthe province free from the virus. Penalties range from P1,000 to P5,000,and one-year imprisonment, depending on the gravity of the offense. Dr. Renante Decena, provincialveterinarian and task force co-chair, said the ordinance is scheduled forpublication on Wednesday, after which its provisions will be enforced startingDecember 6. The ban covers live pigs, pork, porkproducts, and by-products from Luzon whether fresh, processed or canned whichcan carry the ASF virus.